Den här veckans intressanta länkar, från del.icio.us/staffanmalmgren
- Using the Rake Build Language [make programming rake ruby toread]
–"Rake is a build language, similar in purpose to make and ant. Like make and ant it’s a Domain Specific Language, unlike those two it’s an internal DSL programmed in the Ruby language"
- wrote � CC Update [copyrights creativecommons law]
–Svenska versionen av Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5-licensen
- Sam Ruby: xml:base support [programming ruby xml]
–Sam Ruby starts hacking XML with Ruby
- SIVACRACY.NET: Opinions, Rants, and Obsessions of Siva Vaidhyanathan and his Friends and Family: Google Avoids Copyright Meltdown [books copyrights google]
–Good back-and-forth discussions on the legality of the Google Print Library project
- IT PLAYS DOOM – Cell Phones, mp3 Players, and other Gadgets [doom fun games]
–Doom is the new Tetris
- Motorist wins case after maths whizzes break speed camera code – National [law math md5 stupidity]
–"The motorist’s defence lawyer, Denis Mirabilis, argued successfully that an algorithm known as MD5, which is used to store the time, date, place, numberplate and speed of cars caught on camera, was a discredited piece of technology"
- Cites & Insights 5:9: July/August 2005 [grokster law]
–Analysis of the Grokster case
- GROKLAW – OSDL Announces Patent Commons Project [law osdl programming swpats]
–"The idea is that a pool of software licenses and software patents (issued and pending) are held in something like a virtual trust for the benefit of both developers and users of open-source software"
- Interview with Chuck D & Hank Shocklee of Public Enemy [chillingeffects copyrights publicenemy sampling]
–Public Enemy on how the enforcement of copyright law wrt sampling transformed hip hop
- Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review [camera stuff]
–this one has ISO 1600 sensitivity, yet is really tiny – would be great for live music photography
- Citron, pinjenötter och timjangremolata [cooking pasta]
–I’ve tried this pasta sauce a while ago, if memory serves correct it’s surprisingly yummy even though it has neither tomato nor cheese
- Compound Document Formats (CDF) [standards xml]
–"A Compound Document is the W3C term for a document that combines multiple formats, such as XHTML, SVG, SMIL and XForms"
- The Patry Copyright Blog: Da Vinci Code Opinion [copyrights davincicode originality]
–On the case between Lewis Perdue and Dan Brown/Random house over "The Da Vinci Code" plagiarism accusations
- Federal Register: Preregistration of Certain Unpublished Copyright Claims [standards stupidity]
–"Today’s notice seeks information as to whether persons filing the electronic-only preregistration form prescribed by the Copyright Office will experience difficulties if it is necessary to use Microsoft’s Internet Explorer web browser in order to preregi
- Media Influencer: Quick and delicious [chicken cooking]
–Pacific lime chicken, chicken recipe that looks yummy and easy
- Mobile Magazine: Toshiba Libretto U100 [stuff]
–The Libretto’s back!
- Shirky: Ontology is Overrated — Categories, Links, and Tags [organizing tagging]
–"I want to convince you that many of the ways we’re attempting to apply categorization to the electronic world are actually a bad fit, because we’ve adopted habits of mind that are left over from earlier strategies."