Den här veckans intressanta länkar, från del.icio.us/staffanmalmgren
- Lost Garden: Nintendogs: The case of the non-game that barked like a game [gamedesign games]
–"Creating successful innovative games like Nintendogs is wholely a matter of hard work and a deep understanding of the game design process"
- Hacknot – The Crooked Timber Of Software Development [ethics programming]
–On the difference between "Occupation" and "Profession" as it concerns software development
- Dana Epp’s ramblings at the Sanctuary: To All Game Authors: QUIT BEING MORONS!!!! [games punkbuster security tech]
–"You are insane if you think I am going to allow a remote download of maps and executable content as administrator on custom servers."
- Stay of Execution: Request Day: Fighting Self-Loathing [gtd self-doubt]
–"But in conversations, with almost everybody, I’ve been asking the question, "How can I help you?" "
- Copyriot: Florian Cramer om ord som blir kött [media society toread]
–"Det handlar om mjukvara, eller snarare om computation (ordet ter sig i sammanhanget svåröversättligt), i bred bemärkelse"
- FunReports.Com: Noise-making CD to take revenge on noisy neighbors available [evil fun stuff]
–"The list of noise-making tracks includes: 1. Drill. 2. Party (at least 200 People). 3. Orgasm (Outstanding). 4. Train. 5. Drum (Played by a Child)."
- LawGeek: The Difference Between Software and Drug Patents [intellectualproperty swpat]
–"However, the key distinction between a drug and a method for using a computer is that few of us own the equipment or have the desire to manufacture drugs"
- Preshrunk: Throw What You Know [t-shirts]
–The noble art of settling the score
- Infothought: Jennifer Granick on Defending Mike Lynn (Cisco/ISS router disclosures) [cisco law lawsuits mikelynn]
–"At the point that you get sued, or even charged with a crime, it matters less what actually happened and whether you did something wrong and more what it takes to get out of the case as unscathed as possible"
- The Patry Copyright Blog: Bill Gates and Software Copyright [copyrights intellectualproperty law]
–on the use of copyright for protecting software programs (as opposed to other intellectual property mechanisms)
- The Becker-Posner Blog: Islamist Violence and Immigration Policy–Posner [politics toread]
–"[…] brings into focus important issues of immigration policy, and, more fundamentally, of the different economic and cultural models of the United States and Western Europe"
- Boing Boing: Anti-software-patent site taken down by software patent advocates [chillingeffects ffii swpat]
–"Nutzwerk sent a bogus takedown notice to Teamware, who host the DNS for FFII.org, and got them to remove the DNS record for FFII.org."
- Freedom to Tinker � Blog Archive � Entertainment Industry Pretending to Have Won Grokster Case [grokster law p2p]
–On hearings in the aftermath of Grokster
- Freedom to Tinker � Blog Archive � Cisco Claims Its Product is a Trade Secret [cisco law mikelynn security tech]
–Interesting commentary on the Cisco vs Mike Lynn case
- GROKLAW – New EU Law Proposed – Criminal Sanctions for IP Infringement [eu intellectualproperty law]
–"Proposal for a COUNCIL FRAMEWORK DECISION to strengthen the criminal law framework to combat intellectual property offences"
- Pure CSS menus [css webdesign]
- Lawrence Lessig: Jimbo Wales: Free the Curriculum! [bluesky creativecommons wikipedia]
–Jimbo "Wikipedia" Wales is guestblogging on what will be free in the future
- This Is Broken – Hennessy ad [alcoholism broken disturbing marvingaye]
–"Did nobody mention that this icon’s life was cut tragically shot when he was shot by his alcoholic father?"
- MAKE: Blog: HOW TO make DRM-free ebooks for the Sony Librie e-ink ebook reader (part I) [drm ebooks librie tools]
–"But the hackers and tinkerers of the world have taken this device and modded the firmware. Now we’re going to show you how to make non-DRMed ebooks for free…"
- Free Software: Temptation Blocker – WebJillion [fun tools]
–Keeps you from starting your favourite procrastination tools during work hours